We have recieved the following message from Punch Maughan, Volunteer Friends & Patrons Coordinator at Theatr Brycheiniog – which may be of interest to some SWOAPG Members:
"I have been working on an initiative around International Women's Day / Brecon Women's Day – focusing on women in the outdoors. We are currently signing off the marketing flyers etc now – I would be grateful if you could circulate the information to people you might know in the OA world who might be interested – all events are on www.brycheiniog.co.uk with more detail and for booking or registering on!
1. Thursday 28th February – opening of the exhibition in the gallery. 'Celebrating Women in the Outdoors'. Opening party 6pm (free). The context is women doing extraordinary and ORDINARY things in the outdoors and will include the 10th anniversary of WWW. Exhibition runs until March 17th.
2. Monday 4th March – all day workshop A Journey Inside Outside with artist Fi Latus (free)
3. Thursday 7th March – Juliet Parker Smith & Linda Windham will run a canoeing session from the canal basin on Thursday 7th March. 11am. All equipment provided (free)
4. Friday 8th March International Women’s Day
World Donkey Day – Julia Blazer of Good Day Out will be leading her Dinky Donkeys on a Donkey walk down the canal tow path supporting Brecon Food Bank. 11am (suggested donation £2)
Evening event – Extraordinary Women Talking – introduced by Juliet Parker Smith with Sian Sykes talking about her 1,000KM paddle board adventure around Wales and Ruth Pickvance of Element-Active discussing adventure in a different way. Tickets £10
5. Saturday 9th March:
Welsh Women Walking will be leading a 5 mile walk from the theatre up to the Iron Age hill fort, Pen y Crug outside Brecon. 9.30am (free)
Live @ The Waterfront – Genevieve (live music) 1pm – 3pm (free)
6. Tuesday 12th March – Ruth Pickvance of Element Active will be running a workshop entitled Re-Framing Fear. 6.30pm (free)
7. Wednesday 13th March – Banff Film night (part of TB normal programme) includes a film on mother daughter duo skiing from Vancouver to Alaska (£13.50)