On this page are a variety of resources that we have produced (many of them thanks to a grant provided by the Countryside Council for Wales in 2013/14) or collected to help Outdoor Activity Providers to ‘add value’ to services they provide to their clients; as well as links to relevant external websites, including:
- Species guides
- Gorge Resources
- Caving Resources
- Paddlesport Resources
- Beach & Coast Resources
- Safety Resources
- Welsh Language Resources
- Other Resources (including Countryside Code, Waterside Code, Green Climbing Guide, Story Telling Notes and Earth’s Age in a Year)
Please let us know if you’d like us to add any resources or links to this page!
Click these links for Bats; Birds; UK plants & animals; all sorts of wildlife – and species-specific guides below:
NB for Concordat and Code of Conduct resources, visit our Gorge-Walking pages.
- ‘Groups in Gorges’ documentary about gorges and their unique environment, encouraging responsible use of these special areas:
- A comprehensive species guide to the lower plant life of the Mellte and Sychryd including Lichens, Flowers, Bryophytes and Liverworts:
- Sychryd Geology:
- Advice from Mountain Rescue 2016:
- Radon figures for Caves in South Wales:
- Resources produced specifically to help cave instructors to develop their skills and knowledge on the environmental aspect of the cave and their caving sessions:
- Cambrian Caving Council web resource on Cave Life
- Information sheet covering a range of information related to river paddling across South Wales with info on wildlife, geography, hydrology, river features and MORE!
Beach & Coast Resources
- This workbook has been designed for instructors to have a range of knowledge and information, backed up with a series of tasks and games for groups using the beach and coast:
- Notes from Coasteering Workshop 2016:
AdventureSmartUK (a partnership of the many organisations who want people to enjoy the great British outdoors safely) has put together a suite of resources – including videos and posters – to help you communicate Adventure Smart messages to your customers.
AdventureRMS, as part of its AALA inspectorate service, publishes safety management alerts on its website and via e-mail. Providers can see all these alerts and sign-up to receive updates by e-mail using the form on this webpage: Safety Management Updates | Adventure RMS.
Welsh Language Resources
Learn what some of those Welsh place names mean, with this useful sheet obtained from Brecon Beacons National Park Authority:
(this ‘temporary’ version of the Countryside Code is supported by a variety of
Downloadable resources from NRW).
Surviving a Career in the Outdoors
Mountain Training has published this useful resource on ‘Surviving a Career in the Outdoors‘