On this page are a variety of resources that we have produced (many of them thanks to a grant provided by the Countryside Council for Wales in 2013/14) or collected to help Outdoor Activity Providers to ‘add value’ to services they provide to their clients; as well as links to relevant external websites, including:
- Species guides
- Gorge Resources
- Caving Resources
- Paddlesport Resources
- Beach & Coast Resources
- Safety Resources
- Welsh Language Resources
- Other Resources (including Countryside Code, Waterside Code, Green Climbing Guide, Story Telling Notes and Earth’s Age in a Year)
Please let us know if you’d like us to add any resources or links to this page!
NB for Concordat and Code of Conduct resources, visit our Gorge-Walking pages.
- ‘Groups in Gorges’ documentary about gorges and their unique environment, encouraging responsible use of these special areas:
- A comprehensive species guide to the lower plant life of the Mellte and Sychryd including Lichens, Flowers, Bryophytes and Liverworts:
- Sychryd Geology:
- Advice from Mountain Rescue 2016:
- Resources produced specifically to help cave instructors to develop their skills and knowledge on the environmental aspect of the cave and their caving sessions:
- Cambrian Caving Council web resource on Cave Life
- Information sheet covering a range of information related to river paddling across South Wales with info on wildlife, geography, hydrology, river features and MORE!
Beach & Coast Resources
- This workbook has been designed for instructors to have a range of knowledge and information, backed up with a series of tasks and games for groups using the beach and coast:
- Notes from Coasteering Workshop 2016:
AdventureSmartUK (a partnership of the many organisations who want people to enjoy the great British outdoors safely) has put together a suite of resources – including videos and posters – to help you communicate Adventure Smart messages to your customers.
Welsh Language Resources
Learn what some of those Welsh place names mean, with this useful sheet obtained from Brecon Beacons National Park Authority:
(this ‘temporary’ version of the Countryside Code is supported by a variety of
Downloadable resources from NRW).
Surviving a Career in the Outdoors
Mountain Training has published this useful resource on ‘Surviving a Career in the Outdoors‘