We have been asked by Powys County Council to circulate the following message to SWOAPG Members – please reply by midday 3 July direct to Sian Barnes firstname.lastname@example.org copied to Lucy Bevan email@example.com:
“The Council has been offered the opportunity to bid for funding, to build a programme of summer holiday activities for vulnerable children, to start on 27th July 2020. This opportunity has arisen at very short notice and we have been asked to provide ideas with indicative costs by tomorrow (Friday 3rd July.) We are seeking a good range of sports, creative arts, cultural, recreational and skills themes.
“I am writing to ask whether any of your members would be in a position to offer activities as part of that, on the basis of the information below. If so, if they are able to give an indicative cost per session, that would be much appreciated – we understand that costings would be an indication only and will not be regarded as a formal quote.
- Venues – The children would be at 5 ‘hub’ locations across Powys, these are Ystradgynlais, Brecon, Rhayader, Newtown & Welshpool. Outdoor activities would need to be carried out within 10-15 miles of the hubs, to keep travel time to a minimum. Activity providers are asked to include the cost of transporting children from the hubs to an activity, if it is not within walking distance.
- Vulnerable children & young people aged 5yrs to 16yrs are to be provided for.
- Programme will run for 5 weeks from 27 July to end August 2020. The sessions are for 3 – 5 afternoons a week, up to 3 hrs a day
- Number of participants that can be accommodated in each hub – up to 32 children per hub in 4 ‘bubbles’ of up to 8.
- All activities provided will need to be delivered in a way that ensures social distancing. A range of activities may be offered and appropriate to the age range e.g. 5 – 8yrs, 9 – 12yrs, 13-16yrs.”