Many of you will be aware of the campaign to ‘Save Outdoor Education’ as a result of school residential trips still being prohibited by the Government under Covid-19 precautions.
WATO has drafted the attached template letter for our Members to use – the more letters that are sent, the more likelihood there is of a change in policy, so please consider sending letters to your local MSs and MPs now to lobby them on this issue!
To use the template letter:
- Transfer it onto your own headed paper if possible
- Insert your name and address at the top of the letter;
- Insert MPs/MSs name and constituency at the top of the letter – you can find their contact details in these lists of Members of Senedd, Members of Parliament in Wales and MP Contact Details;
- Delete either MP or MS in paragraph 4, line 1, subject to who the letter is being sent to;
- Insert the name of your site/business in paragraph 4, line 1;
- insert the region i.e. South East Wales, South West Wales, Powys etc. in paragraph 6, line 2;
- Sign and send (preferably by e-mail)!
SWOAPG will also be sending the letter, on behalf of all Providers, to the representatives covering our ‘headquarters’ in Libanus – but only you can influence your own local Members!