- Please note that this course has the following prerequisites which must be completed before it can be accessed
- Introduction to the Codes of Conduct for Gorge-Walking in Waterfall Country
- (2021) Using the Sychryd & Lower Mellte Gorges
***NEW ENROLMENTS ARE NO LONGER POSSIBLE IN THIS COURSE AS IT IS SUPERSEDED BY OUR 2023 UPDATE COURSE***
This course by South Wales Outdoor Activity Providers Group (SWOAPG) is for businesses / organisations and gorge-walking leader who have already completed our course (2021) Using the Sychryd & Lower Mellte Gorges. It will refresh your knowledge about the Code of Conduct for Gorge-Walking in the Sychryd and Lower Mellte Gorges and introduce new elements that have arisen since 2021.
All gorge-walking leaders using must complete this update course before leading groups in these gorges after 1 April 2022.
What Will You Learn?
- Once you have completed this course, you will have fulfilled the SWOAPG training requirement...
- ...Allowing you to access after 1 April 2022 the Dinas Rock Area including the Sychryd and Lower Mellte gorges under the terms of the SWOAPG Waterfall Country Activity Access Concordat
Introduction to the Course
Navigating our ‘Learning Management System’
Code of Conduct, Rules and Advice
Code of Conduct Reminder08:59
Virtual Walk-Through of the Sychryd and Lower Mellte Gorges
Protecting and Understanding the Gorge Environment
Protecting and Understanding the Gorge Environment05:39
Sign-Up to SWOAPG
Complete the Course
Actions for Business / Organisation Members
Register your details
Download the Slides
Test your Knowledge!
Mark the Course Complete