Many thanks to the residents of Pontneddfechan who came along to the free activity day organised by South Wales Outdoor Activity Providers Group yesterday.
A great day was had by all (despite the damp weather) and a few more local residents will now have a better idea of what goes on every day on the fringes of their village (and the role that SWOAPG plays in helping to minimise its impact on the village and the local environment)!
Special thanks to the Providers who gave freely of their time and equipment:
- Call of the Wild – gorge-walking with Phil & Ed
- Urdd Gobaith Cymru – gorge-walking with Rhys
- RipnRock – rock-climbing & abseiling with Dave
- Mountain & River Activities Ltd – Harris Hawks display with Geoff and friends
- Brecon Beacons National Park Authority – geological forays with Alan Bowring (and funding via their Sustainable Development Fund)
Watch this space for the same again next year?!…